Skip to content
To ensure the security and confidentiality of your media, we offer the following:
- The ability to receive your media directly as a hard product to ensure ultimate confidentiality and thereby entirely avoiding Internet phishing or hacking mechanisms.
- We offer access to our secure, on-site server for file sharing via SFTP and IP matching.
- Security and privacy concerns surrounding cloud-based storage transfer systems are removed with our on-site server infrastructure that provides a high level of security for the media and the data we process.
- All our transcriptionists are located and work within the U.S. and are native English speakers.
- No overseas transcription
Communication problems, confidentiality of research, syntax and non-native-speaking issues occur any time you send your work overseas for transcription. It is possible to find $0.70/minute transcription from India, but it is then virtually a given that dozens of additional hours will be needed to proof the integrity of the work. Money saved is time lost.
- U.S. regions and locales
For confidentiality reasons, some research can’t be processed in the locale where the research is being performed. If this is the case for you, please let us know and we will assign the work to a transcriptionist that lives in a different region of thee U.S. than where you are located.
- Risks to confidential data and personal data
The world may be becoming a global village, but laws that protect privacy and personal information are locally based. Once you outsource your data outside of the continental United States, you have very little control over what happens to that data.
- All transcriptionists are under confidentiality contracts and have gone through CITI training and the HIPAA Awareness for Healthcare Providers certification.
- CITI certified
The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) was founded in March 2000 to develop a web-based training program in human research subjects protections. It has grown to include several hundred participating institutions from around the world.
- HIPAA compliant
An acronym for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, HIPAA provides national standards to protect the privacy of personal health information.
- All transcriptionists involved in your project are logged with a time and date stamp on each occasion your files are accessed.
- All searches occur through VPN services.
- All workstations are equipped with EmiSoft Malware.
- All workstations are reformatted every 90 days.
- All files are deleted from outlying computers after transcription is complete.
- All resident files are purged and no record of your research or media is kept after billing occurs.